Couples Across Cultures
An introductory workshop for couples in interracial/intercultural and/or interfaith relationships
When: August 31st; 6:30pm – 9:30pm
Where: 1800 Market St, Rm 302, San Francisco
Cost: $20 per couple
This introductory workshop provides couples with a safe and supportive space in which to explore and address issues arising from racial, ethnic, cultural and religious differences. Other issues might be explored according to the needs of participants.
Through a process that cultivates intimacy, creativity and playfulness, participants will gain the opportunity to deepen skills in compassionate communication and conflict transformation. Couples from across the spectrum of sexual orientation and gender identification are welcomed.
Therapeutic modalities will include drama therapy, psychodrama, expressive art therapy, and talk therapy.
About the facilitators:
Allegra T. Lucas is a psychotherapist, drama therapist and group facilitator. She works with individuals, families, and couples on the development of compassionate communication. Her work with intercultural couples encourages personal identity exploration, and inspires greater appreciation of the dynamics involved in a cross-cultural relationship. Allegra coaches couples in the practice of awareness and helps them to reinvigorate their curiosity in one another’s experience. Allegra is an MFT Trainee supervised by Armand Volkas, MFT, RDT/BCT, MFC#28789
Ben Rivers is an Australian psychotherapist, drama therapist and group facilitator with over 10 years of experience working with clients diverse in age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and socio-economic status. Ben has a professional background in conflict transformation at the interpersonal and community level. Ben Rivers is an MFT Trainee, supervised by Armand Volkas, MFT, RDT/BCT, MFC#28789. For more information, please visit benriverstherapy.com
- Innovation & Renewal: In Applied & Therapeutic Theatre8/1-8/4 4-day intensive, Berkeley, $500 ($450 before Jun. 1)...More+
- Finding Sanctuary in the Body: A Yoga, Art, & Somatic Psychotherapy Group for Survivors of Sexual TraumaTues. 5/14-6/18 7:15-8:45p, $25/wk, Emeryville...More+
- ACTS of COURAGE: An improvisational theatre performance inspired by personal stories of heroism in the face of injustice Playback Theatre, 5/19 2pm, Live Oak Theatre, Berkeley...More+
- Ageless Pizazz! A 3-month group for women at midlife and beyondThurs. 7:00-9:15pm, 6/20-9/12, 12 weeks, Emeryville...More+
- Transform Your Life Script: A Drama Therapy GroupTues. 5/21-7/30 6:45-9:45p, $40, San Francisco...More+
- First Weekends Free Introduction to Drama Therapy WorkshopSun. June 1, 2:30-5:30, CIIS, SF. FREE with pre-registration....More+